Saturday, April 9, 2011

Amish County

The Amish might look different and act different than modern day society but may I just say...Amish people can Cook. Last summer Sarah Tullis and I went on an American History tour back East. We got to go to Lancaster County and see the Amish culture. While we were there we went to this small Amish Diner. At this diner you don't order off of a menu or get a soda pop this is genuine home cooking. They bring your dinner out to your table and basically it feels like Thanksgiving Dinner. There was a turkey, rolls, potatoes, gravy, and to top things off the BEST pie I have ever eaten in my entire life.

Below is some footage from our trip to Amish Country. Enjoy!

I was so full my belly hurt. This is in front of Mary Yoder's Amish Kitchen.

Sarah and I trying on some Amish Hats.

Our Amish Family. You will be able to see the resemblance below.


Cant you see the resemblance?

This is literally what their stop signs say. It's awesome.

If you are ever in Lancaster County, PA, you need to visit Mary Yoder's Amish Kitchen. You wont regret it.

Thanks for checking in.
The Hawkins

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jam I have totally been to Landcaster, but we missed the memo about Mary Yoder's! I'll have to make a trip back there for sure!

Jammie Marie Hawkins said...

Ah girl you will for sure have to check it out. Man I didn't know you even had a blog. I am so excited!

Post a Comment