Monday, August 30, 2010

Math is a really great thing!

So I decided to volunteer for a day in the math lab
that was my first mistake
This fellow needed help so I made my way over to him and he was working on the quadratic formula which is one of my favorite math concepts. We started working through a problem and mid sentence he cuts me off and says
"What in the WORLD is going on?"
then he stands up and walks out of the room
Maybe he was frusterated with the concept or just having a BAD day. I might never know what got his boxers in a bunch but all I know is that this guy was pissed!
I wish he would have tried to work the problem out instead of storming off. One of the best feelings is to know that you helped someone understand a difficult concept.
Im sorry mysterious man but if your reading this just remember

x= the opposite of b, plus or minus the square root, of b squared minus 4 ac, all over 2a

(sang to the tune of "all around the mulberry bush")

0 comments:

Post a Comment