Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Belly Buttons

Jim Francis, being the funny man that he is, decided to tell Kathleen, Anna, and I a joke about whether or not Adam and Eve had a belly button. I honestly cant remember how the joke went but after Jim was finished telling it I couldnt get the question out of my head. Did Adam and Eve really have a belly button? I decided to do some research because things like this bug me if I leave them unsolved and this is what I came up with.
Because Adam and Eve were created in god's image, and that all man is in god's image, they must have had a belly buttons. The redundancy of this belly button must have been built into Adam and Eve as it is necessary for any offspring and could not have been used in their bodies. Therefore, God must have created Adam and Eve knowing that they would have children and introducing the mechanism for the rest of the human race.

Surely, if we accept that Adam and Eve existed in the first place it doesn't matter whether or not they had belly buttons. Therefore, my official conclusion is I guess ill find out in Heaven :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment