Sunday, December 27, 2009

Who stepped on the crack that broke Jammies back?

Yesterday me and my friends got together and went sledding. I went down the hill probably 10 times before the accident happened. I decided to try out a new sled which was a BAD idea. I was going down just fine but then i ran into this snow drift/bump thing and stopped abruptly. What happened was my bum smashed into this drift which caused a compression fracture to my lower vertebra. Its the vertebra just below my ribs. I was in a lot of pain for the first 20 minutes or so but i thought i had just twisted wrong and pulled a muscle. All day yesterday i just laid down and relaxed but last night the pain got pretty intense. We decided to go to the emergency room and they took some x-rays. The doctor said there is not much that i can do for a broken back. She gave me some Robaxin and Lortab which has helped quite a bit and she said if it makes me more comfortable i could wear a brace. My lower back has been really swollen and i cant move around very much. Basically i'm confined to my bed for at least 5 days. I have been walking around just a little bit to use the restroom or get a drink but that's when the pain is the worst. The doctor said that these injuries have to heal on their own and it will probably take about 6 weeks for a full recovery :(. Man having Chris gone is bad luck. I swear i have had the worst luck these past 15 months! I have had good luck too it hasnt all been bad! My mom has been taking excellent care of me so i should be better soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment